Sunday, May 13, 2018

Penne with Five Cheeses

I must admit that lately I haven't been cooking as much as normal. We've been busy and I am trying to use up the food in my freezer as I have no room to buy anything new!

So I wanted to make something and I was craving pasta so I found this recipe and I love cheese. The funny part was that I had no idea that it was made by the Barefoot Contessa but once I saw that I knew I was in for a treat and that it would probably cost me a fortune to get the ingredients.

The only thing I had to substitue was the Gorgonzola as we did not have any at my grocery store so I did sub it with blue cheese.

So my son devoured it but I lost my daughter the moment she asked why the pasta was pink and I commented that it was crushed tomatoes with whipping cream. She never touched it - which made me laugh as I couldn't believe I lost her on the whip cream!

I had a couple of friends that ate some of the leftovers and thought it was great!

https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/penne-with-five-cheeses

No comments:

Post a Comment