Monday, May 7, 2018

My review of Tulsa by S.L. Scott

Tulsa Crow is 24 and the drummer for the Crow Brothers. He and his brothers have finally begun to hit it big with opening for The Resistance on tour. He is all excited to continue his womanizing ways on the tour until he sees her.

Nikki Faris is excited that her band, Faris Wheel, is one of the opening acts for The Resistance and knows it is the break that her and her brother, Laird, and cousin, Shane, have been waiting for. She knows all about the reputation of the Crow Brothers and vows to keep her distance, especially after everything that went wrong in her previous relationship with Andres.

But slowly Nikki and Tulsa realize they have something special and Tulsa vows not to ruin it with his past. But both Nikki and Tulsa are confronted with their issues from their own pasts will they stick together to get through it or will they push the other away?

This is such a great book and I am loving the Crow Brothers and now Faris Wheel!!

Tulsa just makes me laugh as up until Nikki he truly got around but there was this other side of him that was truly so caring and almost opposite to his reputation. I love how he knew right away that Nikki was different and therefore their relationship had to progress completely differently and I loved how slow they took it! 

Niiki's own past with Andres was so sad and I hated that he still managed to get so close to her at different times. Yet she was resilient and knew she deserved to be happy and with someone who truly cared about her and loved her for the right reasons. 

Vegas was awesome and I loved what happened to Tulsa and Dex for impersonating themselves! I also loved the secret and I wondered when it would begin to come out.

I was very worried about Berk Cartwright and how he got into the head of Tulsa and caused him to push Nikki away. 

I loved the scene between Nikki and one of Tulsa's exes and how classy Nikki was towards her! 

The end was awesome and I loved what Tulsa did in front of everyone!

Such a great book and I can't wait for Rivers! 

5  Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment