Thursday, February 15, 2018

My review of The Runner's Daughter by Jessica McCrory

Caid King is a FBI agent who helped bring down Clayton Matthews and now is onto his next target, "The Runner", a drug dealer.

Jemma Saige is on the run and trying to keep to herself while hiding out from her father and his men. She hopes she is safe but knows that he will never give up trying to find her and therefore she continues to get herself stronger and prepares for what is to come.

When Caid and Jemma meet at the gym sparks fly but soon Jemma finds herself in danger and will Caid be able to find her?

With secrets and betrayal all around Caid and Jemma will they be open and honest with each other or will the secrets come between them and lead them down a broken path?

I was really looking forward to this book after the first one and I knew I was not going to be disappointed.

I thought Jemma was such a great character who absolutely detested her dad with everything she had. I hated that he was trying to arrange her marriages (shocked at one of them) and control every aspect of her life. I couldn't understand how he kept finding her and at one point I really wondered if he embedded some chip in her.

Caid was an absolutely great character and I loved how protective he was of Jemma and how dedicated he was to his job. I was surprised that his ex-fiance, Brittany, was now married to his ex-partner, Jameson, and I was laughing at how Jameson kept telling Caid to speak Brittany with respect. Seriously???

There were so many twists and turns involving all of the characters that kept you gripped from the moment you started the book to the moment it ended. I was shocked at the cruelty of Jemma's father but I loved that she never gave up!

I loved how Caid partnered up with Lance and what was revealed! That was great and I am really hoping that the next book will be about him. The passion between Caid and Jemma was intense and I loved and hated how they each tried to protect the other one!

So I think my only frustrating moment was the revelation of the person who betrayed Caid at the end as I thought it could be that person but I really hoped it wasn't because of what happened in the first book.

Can't wait for the next book!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment