Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My review of On Thin Ice by Piper Rayne

Dax "Soups" Campbell is a snowboarder who is competing at the Winter Classics and is hoping for a repeat of his last Gold Medal performance.

Demi Harrison is a US skier who has just been dumped by her French boyfriend as he does not wnat to be in a relationship while at the Classics. She is coached by her mother who is a three time Gold Medal winner and who expects the best from Demi.

Four years ago at the last Classics Dax and Demi had a brief fling and Demi is still mad at how it ended but their chemistry is still sizzling and one thing leads to another and Dax is thinking maybe Demi is his lucky charm?

Will Dax use Demi as his lucky charm while at the games and what will happen when the Classics are done?

This was such a great book with so many laughs from start to end!

Dax was such an awesome character as he had so much personality and was the joker who loved to get a rise out of others. He had quite the reputation as a ladies man but there was one woman who definitely did not want him - Demi. She hated him but she could not deny how attracted she was to him. I found it super sad to read about Dax's family and it broke my heart to see how they treated him.

Demi was another great character who had her own issues. She was headstrong in a certain manner but I think it had to do with her having no control over any other part of her life. I felt bad that she was dumped by here French skier boyfriend and it was interesting how he kept reappearing though out the book.

I loved looking at each of the families of Dax and Demi and how different they were but how each had their own issues with them. I was sad at what Demi accidentally reveals to her ex but I know she did not do it on purpose. I am just worried that it will eventually come out in the next book.

The end had me worried but I loved that it went back to where it started from and it was such an awesome choice!

I am looking forward to seeing what happens next with Beckett and Skylar!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment