Monday, January 22, 2018

My review of Thrive by Aly Martinez

Jeremy Lark has been in love with Mira York for years but she decided to stay with his ex-best friend, Kurt Benton instead of him. Since then he has given up on real love after a failed marriage and made a name for himself working with Guardian Protection Agency.

Mira York finally broke free from her husband Kurt Benton after he physically abused her but when her best friend, Whitney Sloan, is kidnapped by Jonah Sheehan she knows she is desperate for help and contacts Jeremy for help.

Jeremy wants nothing to do with Mira but he soon realizes he doesn't want anyone else to either and agrees to help her. Soon Mira and Jeremy discover what Kurt was involved with and how much danger he put Mira in. Can they get to the bottom of it all before it's too late for Whitney?

This was a great book with some great twists and turns to leave you wondering what was going to happen next.

At the beginning I was a little frustrated with Mira as I knew how much Jeremy loved her and I thought Kurt was a jerk but I did understand a little on why she stayed.

I understood why Jeremy wanted nothing to do with Mira as he was so mad at what happened in the past. I was glad he finally took a chance and listened to what she had to say as you knew the attraction and love was still there between them.

I felt bad for Mira and how naive she was to what Kurt was involved with and how it affected her. She was so in over her head and she had no clue on why people would be after her.

I loved how Jeremy and the men he worked with were able to figure everything out and see how everything came together.

This was a great book and I look forward to more in this series!!

4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment