Tuesday, January 23, 2018

My review of Payback by Kristin Harte

Alder Kennard is a former Green Beret and along with his brothers they run a mill in town and do their best to keep the people of the town safe. When a motorcycle club, called the Soul Suckers, starts creating issues in town he vows to shut them down.

Shye Anderson has been living in Justice, Colorado for over 3 years and when her trailer is burned to the ground, Alder vows to keep her safe.

But Shye has secrets she is keeping from Alder and what happens if he finds out? Will she lose everything her heart wants?

This was a great book about secrets and keeping a town safe from a dangerous enemy.

I thought Alder was great and I loved how protective he was over his town and also Shye. I also loved how we gradually learned more about he felt towards Shye and for how long he had wanted her for.

The chemistry between the two was awesome and so apparent yet Shye was in fear that Alder would figure out certain things and she was worried about what was going to happen. I felt so bad for Shye when I discovered what had happened to her in the past and was proud that she slowly began to overcome things.

I really like how Alder, his brothers and key other individuals in town came together to work against what they were up against and I loved how that part ended but it is clear that there is definitely still a threat and I am looking forward to more characters getting their own story while still getting more of Alder and Shye!

4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment