Friday, January 12, 2018

My review of Enticing Daphne by Jessica Prince

Daphne King is done with relationships. After catching her fiance, Stefan, having sex with her mom she has vowed not to get caught up in the heartbreak that relationships bring and will stick to one-night stands.

Caleb McMannus is the CFO of Bandwidth and does not believe in relationships due to watching his parents marriage crumble and the countless affairs that his father has had.

When Daphne and Caleb see each other, Daphne is familiar to Caleb but doesn't know from where but Daphne sure does and is mad that Caleb can't remember. But soon the two begin a secret relationship with no strings attached.

Will Daphne and Caleb be happy with where their relationship stands? When family problems arise will the two be able to work things out and figure out if they want more? When Daphne's past comes back will she confess to Caleb what is going on before it's too late?

This was such a great book and wonderful series!

I loved Daphne and could completely understand why she was hesitant about getting into another relationship after what happened in her last one. Yet to a certain degree you could see she was lonely but immersed herself in the renovations of her house and meaningless sex.

Caleb had his own insecurities about relationships after watching the marriage of his parents and trying to pick up the pieces of his mom. I thought it was great when he remembered who Daphne was and then watching him try to repair things after that. He cared for Daphne a lot but just didn't get relationships and was worried if he tried to get more out of her that she would run.

I saw one of the twists coming but I liked seeing how it all played out. I completely understood why Caleb was so mad at Daphne and I was glad that Stefan was removed from that situation.

There was a lot of drama between the parents and I was shocked when everything came out with that. I was super glad Daphne took care of the situation and then I loved what she did for Caleb's mom at the end.

This book was great and I can't wait for more!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment