Friday, January 19, 2018

My review of Cruise by Drew Elyse

Stone has just served 18 months in jail for a crime that he didn't commit. He is the president of the Savage Disciples and before he was locked away he had met Evie, a girl who worked as a waitress in a cafe he would go to just to see her.

Genevieve "Evie" works as a waitress but wants to go to school to become a nurse. Her life has just been turned upside down when she discovers that her roommate has not been paying their rent and now she has no where to live.

As Evie is driving to a motel her car breaks down and she is rescued by Stone. As much as Stone still wants Evie he knows he is not good enough for her but doesn't want her with anyone else either.

Will Stone give in to what he wants from Evie? When the Savage Disciples are having issues with the Devil's Horror MC will Evie be caught in the middle?

I must admit that I am super sad that this series is coming to an end as I have loved getting to know the characters!

I loved Stone after he gave up everything for Daz and knew he had to make the sacrifice. I couldn't wait to have his story and this one was so good! I liked that he was so proud and conflicted about what he was at the same time. He loved being part of the Savage Disciples but at the same time he believed that Evie was too good for him because of it.

Evie had definitely had her fair share of bad luck with what she had to escape from growing up to getting taken advantage of by her roommate. I loved how her schooling came into play in such an important way!

The chemistry between the two was through the roof and I had a feeling something ominous was coming! I knew things would turn out ok but I wasn't sure what would happen towards the end of the book when things went sideways and I was sad for what Evie lost at the end.

Such a great series and I am looking forward to whatever the author has planned for us next!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment