Friday, October 13, 2017

My review of Sick Fux by Tillie Cole

Ellis Earnshaw was always infatuated with Alice in Wonderland as a girl. She was innocent and yet formed a friendship with Heathen James, a boy who liked to watch things die. Yet the two formed an extremely tight friendship that was suddenly destroyed by some evil men.

11 years later Heathen has come back for Ellis and finds her a shell of her old self. Will Heathen and Ellis destroy the men that destroyed their lives? Will they be stopped before they finish their adventure?

This was an incredibly dark and amazing ride that takes the reader on an adventure that they were unsure how it was going to end. The book deals with incredibly dark subjects that may be difficult for some readers.

At first I had no idea on what was going to happen and everything is going on great until the book takes a sharp turn and goes so dark and I was so mad at what was happening to Ellis and Heathen. It blew my mind how twisted Ellis's dad and his friends were.

When Heathen escapes his prison he comes to rescue Ellis and sees how bad off she is. The two go on a huge "adventure" to clean up their past and seek revenge on those that took something from them.

I think one part of the book that blew my mind was how ok I was with Ellis and Heathen seeking revenge and their actions. I was crossing my fingers that they would make it out ok at the end.

This was such a dark and twisted story that I absolutely loved and can't wait for another from this author!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment