Saturday, September 9, 2017

My review of The Reaper's Kiss by Dale Ibitz

William is a reaper who is haunted by his past and drowns his sorrows in sex to try and forget his pain. William steals the unmarked's souls to survive after being promised to Giltine, the Goddess of Death.

Natalie is aware of what William is but needs his help to find her sister who was taken by Giltine. But once she realizes what William's kiss means to her will she be able to protect her heart as well as trying to find her sister?

As some try and help William and Natalie others will try and stop them. Will they figure out who is on their side in time?

I enjoyed this book but I had a hard time getting into it and keeping everything straight. There were certain characters who almost took over in certain parts and I felt like they overshadowed the main characters and made the book lose focus a little.

I did like William and his quest to keep Natalie safe and help her find her sister. Yet he was torn between different lives and obligations which is what confused me at times. There were a few different women who seemed to either have a past with him or wanted him which left me a little confused at times.

Natalie knew she needed help and turned to William thinking she could convince him but she had no idea how she would end up feeling about him. Then she was kind of torn on what she should do.

There were so many other characters like Leah and Bianca that were important to the story but I still found myself getting lost.

The book has lots of potential but almost tried to do too much for this one.

3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment