Tuesday, September 5, 2017

My review of Ink Me More by Jude Ouvrard

Valerie Lee has left Seattle behind to join boyfriend John Maverick at the University of Boston. But when they graduate John decides he wants them to remain in Boston whereas Valerie wants to return to Seattle. Conflicted, Valerie decides to leave John behind and return home after a conversation with a cowboy named Miles Kent in a country bar.

Miles Kent is an up and coming country singer who is immediately drawn to Valerie. He is working on dealing with his own pain when he returns to Seattle and meets up with Valerie again.

Can Valerie and Miles work on a future together when Valerie's past hasn't given up on her yet?

This was a great book on figuring out what you want in life even if it is not in your initial plans.

Valerie always thought she would be with John but he put his own needs ahead of hers and Valerie really needed to be home. I loved that she realized right away the differences between her relationship with John and her new one with Miles.

Miles was great and I loved how supportive he was of her. There were a couple of times I wasn't happy with his actions but I did understand them and why he didn't want to get his own heart broken.

John was such an ass and I was so mad at Valerie's parents for what they did! I can't believe the things he did and I hope Karma comes back and gets him!

The ending was awesome and I look forward to more in this series!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment