Wednesday, September 20, 2017

My review of Exes with Benefits by Nicole Williams

Maggie Church escaped the town she grew up in 5 years ago after having enough of her relationship with Canaan Ford. No matter how much she loved him she could not stop his destructive behavior so she choose to save herself instead.

Now 5 years later she is back in town when her Grandma passes away and she is face to face with Canaan again. He swears that he has changed and asks for a month to prove it to her and if she doesn't see how much he loves her he will sign the divorce papers she has brought with her.

Will Canaan be able to convince Maggie that he has changed or has Maggie already moved on and ready to start a new life?

I have to say how much I truly loved this book!! My heart went through the emotions that both Maggie and Canaan went through and I truly loved their story from start to finish.

I understand why Maggie left and it amazed me to a certain degree how much Canaan did to turn his life around when she did. Sometimes it takes somebody leaving to make you really understand what is at stake and what is truly important.

Maggie really had her guard up with Canaan and did everything she could to push him away and not give him the month that he asked for. I understand why to a certain degree she was so scared but as the book went on we learned how much Canaan had changed and I was super worried that she was going to give up too early.

The change in Canaan was incredible but as we learned more about how far he went for Maggie I was just absolutely blown away!! Without any spoilers he went so far to make her happy when she had no clue!!

Towards the end my heart was definitely breaking and when we learned all about the secrets that Canaan was holding I may have shed a tear or two.

Such a great emotional rollercoaster!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment