Thursday, September 7, 2017

My review of Corrupt by Jessica Prince


Gwendolyn Carson is out with her best friend Corrine one night at a party for a band she knows nothing about. When she meets a guy out on a patio they have a great talk which leads to more than that and she is thinking she may have found someone until morning comes.

Garrett Wilder is known for his partying ways and drinking as a member of Civil Corruption. He is not looking to get tied down to anyone but when a drunken mistake leads to more it might be time for him to finally grow up, or maybe not.

Three years later Garrett finally decides it's time to "man-up" but will it be too late and is Gwen willing to risk everything she has in place for a guy who can not be counted on?

When others become involved will it be too much for Gwen when everything is turned upside down and what she holds most sacred is now revealed?

This was a great book about second and maybe third and fourth chances with love.

I loved Gwen and how she truly did not want anything from Garrett after how she had been treated by him and his people. The stuff they did to her was so cruel and I was definitely mad but she got something amazing out of it.

Garrett was such an ass and I was so mad at everything that was kept from him. Chris and Kimber were absolutely ruthless and evil and I was so mad at them through the whole book. I can't believe the stuff they pulled and still managed to stay employed.

Garrett had a lot of growing up to do in this book and I loved when he was faced with Steve and had to control his own jealousy - which he was definitely not good at. Although we definitely saw Steve in a different light.

I knew deep down what I wanted to happen but there were times that I was definitely questioning myself with the behavior of Garrett and whether he deserved it.

I loved the ending and look forward to more books in this series!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment