Monday, August 28, 2017

My review of In the Crease (Assassins, #12) by Toni Aleo

Jensen Monroe is the goalie for the Nashville Assassins and has just won the Stanley Cup! Yet as much as he has his good looks and charm he is missing someone special to share his life with. He has been in love with his best friends sister since high school but she has always been off limits to him.

Wren Lemiere is 29, pregnant and alone. She is the team therapist for the Nashville Assassins and thought perhaps she may have found a good guy in Bradley Washington, the brother of her best friend Shanna but he has told her he wants nothing to do with the baby or her.

In order to receive her inheritance Wren must be married by 30 and meet other stipulations set out by her father, a famous hockey player. Now Wren is desperate to find someone willing to pretend to be her husband until she gets the money and then they can split.

Wren asks Jensen to help her out but he has his own list of stipulations and that may cause Wren to lose the one thing she never thought she would - her heart.

This is the first book that I have read in this series and I can't figure out how I have missed this series!! I absolutely love hockey and this story has made me realize what I have been missing all this time.

Jensen was such a stand up guy and I loved what he was willing to do for Wren, especially with his list of stipulations! There were so many times that I just wanted to reach out and hug the guy for what he did for Wren and how he truly made her feel.

I felt bad for Wren as I read on and learned where he lack of self-esteem and feeling loved came from. She truly didn't feel worthy which was why she put so many walls up around her. Yet at the same time she agreed to what Jensen asked of her which showed that she was willing to give love an honest shot.

I loved how Jensen wanted to wait with Wren to show her that his relationship was built on love and not sex. I loved how impatient she was getting but that when everything eventually happened she truly felt the difference.

I had a feeling that things would eventually come out with the secrets that Wren had been hiding. I completely understood why Jensen was super mad but did get why Wren didn't want to say anything as she didn't want the reminder.

One of my favorite scenes in the book was when Jensen had a huge talk with Wren's parents about how she felt growing up and how they treated her. My heart broke for Wren in how she felt growing up and my heart grew for what Jensen recognized and told her parents. It was such an awesome scene and I loved it!!

I loved the friendship of Wren, Jensen, Vaughn and Wells and I really need to go back and start this series from the beginning! Such a great book!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment