Thursday, August 31, 2017

My review of Combust by Drew Elyse

Avery works at a strip club, Candy Shop, managing the girls and as a stripper herself on the weekends. The current club she works for is owned by the Savage Disciples MC. Avery has dreams of opening her own bakery one day but until then she does her job and saves her money.

John "Daz" Larson is a member of the Savages Disciples and is in charge of running the Candy Shop. Lately he is concerned with the girls safety after the club has been getting some weird phone calls. From the first time he saw Avery he has wanted her and for his birthday he is hoping to finally get her.

Yet Daz's life changes in an instant when his brother dies and he is left trying to care for his nephew, Owen, and sister-in-law, Kate. As he struggles with trying to help them both he also begins a relationship with Avery.

When someone from Avery's past comes back to haunt her will Daz be able to keep her safe or will his own past cause everyone around him to get hurt?

This was a great book about dealing with the aftermath of losing someone and the extent to which we go to protect the ones we love.

I loved Avery with her feisty attitude and her baking!! I loved that she had goals for herself and I was so mad when I discovered what happened to her in the past. I loved that she truly held out for as long as possible with Daz but then when they finally got together it was so hot!!

Daz was awesome and I loved that he was so tough yet had such a huge heart when it came to those he loved. I felt so bad with what he was going through with Kate and Owen. Yet he was able to hold onto Avery and she gave him the strength that he needed to get through it all.

The two of them provided each other with so much support and helped each other through the difficult times. I wasn't surprised with Daz's actions at the end of the book but I was so mad that Aaron got away with so much! I was shocked at Stone's actions but at the same time so grateful!

I loved what the club girls did for Kate and Owen! One thing I love about the MC club's is that they truly are a family and I think we need more of that in our general life!

I can't wait for the next book!!

4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment