Wednesday, July 12, 2017

My review of Digital Velocity by Reily Garrett

Ethan McAllister is a police detective on the trail of a serial killer. He is assisted by his partner, Larrick Robertson, and also by a mystery individual who keeps leaving him clues on where to be next. When he is shot on the job he must take some time off but not away from the case.

When Lexi Donovan shows up at his door he knows he is treading a line professionally and soon emotionally. When the case becomes personal for her she knows she needs to stay one step ahead of the killer but soon she realizes the killer may be closer than she thought.

I enjoyed this book but I found the beginning started off slow and then the end was great. I just found that the beginning was losing my attention quite a bit and I was having a hard time with the book.

I really liked Ethan and thought he was a great cop but I found it interesting that he was still working on the case after being shot and then all of a sudden he was back on the case and it felt like he hadn't been injured. Time seemed to all of a sudden jump forward at least a few weeks and I think that's where I was kind of confused.

Lexi had a rough past but I was super curious on how she got involved in the first place as she seemed to lead the killer to Frannie. Lexi seemed to be involved in the case for longer than that but I don't remember hearing why. She was definitely young yet at the same time she experienced a lot for 19.

The relationship between Lexi and Ethan was evident and I knew that they were going to heat up! I just didn't know how close the killer was going to get to them first.

The killer was interesting on where he came from and it definitely surprised me.

I hope the author writes something with Ethan's brothers next or Larrick.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment