Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My review of Condemned: Part One by Samyah Leighton

This is book 3 in the Redemption Series and they need to be read in order.

Skylar and Jackson Delaney have finally defied the odds against them and have successfully made it to the altar to only have Jackson arrested hours later for statutory rape. Nobody knows who the victim is but the press is running wild with ideas and rumors. Skylar and Jackson are trying to be positive be the outlook is not promising.

The Assistant District Attorney Adrienne Washington is ready to put Jackson away for life. She knows she has a big job ahead of her but is motivated by her own personal need for revenge on Jackson but will that end up costing her?

As Jackson and Skylar try and deal with what they have ahead of them they still have so many secrets from the other one and as they are slowly revealed will they be left with anything at the end when they may end up losing everything that matters the most?

I must say that I both loved and hated this book at the same time for the roller coaster that I was put on. This ending has been split into two books and this is only Part One so you know at the beginning that it won't be ending yet which makes you excited that there is more story but frustrated that you aren't going to know what happens right now and must patiently wait for the next one.

I was so happy at the end of book 2 to get my happy ever after to only have it ripped from me moments later and leave me hanging. I really wanted Skylar and Jackson to get their dreams but as this book went on I was super doubtful about their chances. As more secrets were revealed it seemed to push them further and further apart instead of bringing them together. Both of them blamed the other for the circumstances that they were in.

I felt so much pain for Sutton and everything she had to go through. Everytime it looked like her life was finally settling down it was taken from her. She was 15 years old and had lost so much and was almost afraid of what was going to happen next. I was so mad at what she had to go through due to someone wanting some revenge and Sutton was an innocent pawn in their game.

What blew my mind was how everyone was interconnected and had their own agendas. I was super mad at Adrienne for what she did that involved Sutton. I understood she was mad at Jackson but her revenge was low and I'm definitely looking forward to her getting some payback in part 2!! I definitely never saw the twist with Senator Kelly and we'll see where that goes and how everything comes out.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing how all the information that Sebastian obtains is used and how everything gets resolved. I can't believe how underhanded some people can be!

I really hope that everything is resolved between Jackson, Skylar and Sutton in the next book as I truly hate where everything is headed right now. This book has made me so mad and happy and I think the author has definitely done a great job of writing to get the reader so involved.

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment