Sunday, October 9, 2016

GRILLED CHILLI LIME CHICKEN FAJITA SALAD

I am always on the hunt for good salad recipes that I hope the kids will enjoy. I have one child that is always up for trying salads and the other who seems to stay away as soon as she hears the word lettuce. She has it in her mind that lettuce is evil but we are slowly working on converting her into eating what we are.

For some reason I never seem to make fajita's even though I have always loved them so when I saw this recipe I knew that I really wanted to try it.

In the marinade it calls for brown sugar but I just skipped it completely and the kids absolutely loved the chicken so I think you can make it fine without it. It's less sweet but the kids had no problem eating the chicken. The other thing that I skipped was the red pepper flakes as one of the kids is not a spicy fan at all!

I didn't save any of the marinade as dressing as my son wanted to use his own dressing and I found it was fine without any. It would be great with it but I was good without it!

You can find the recipe here: http://cafedelites.com/2015/08/09/grilled-chilli-lime-chicken-fajita-salad/


No comments:

Post a Comment