Monday, August 15, 2016

My review of The Real You by R.M. Alexander (audio)

This review is for the audio version of the book. I find audio somewhat difficult to listen to as I find the voices distracting when you have a woman doing a man's voice and the different voices that they need to do for each character. This book was also almost 9 hours in length which makes it hard to get the story in without losing anything that happened before. I found that it could also mean that I can have missed certain answers that may have been mentioned but that I may have missed.

Paige Reed is beginning her life over after getting divorced from Drew Timmerman. Her sister Lil convinces her to go down to a movie set and see the handsome Grey Richards in his latest movie. What Paige doesn't expect is to catch the attention of Grey or his brother Kellen.

Kellen Richards is used to being in the shadow of his brother, Grey. When he sees Paige he knows he wants to get to know her more and the two begin to spend more time together. But with the movie coming to an end soon Paige and Kellen must figure out what the future has in store for them.

With a series of terrible events the two must come together to fight the odds or decide if they are stronger on their own. Each must figure out their own dreams and strengths if they are going to make it in the end.

I found this was a good book but I found myself not satisfied with some things not concluding and not having answers in regards to Drew and the mystery guy.

Paige was a strong woman in that she had the strength to leave her first relationship and then follow her heart with Kellen. She was able to pull herself together when she needed to and discover how to live the life she was meant to.

Kellen was a more difficult character to put my finger on as sometimes he seemed like the perfect guy yet he never wanted to talk about the future and asked Paige to give up everything for him, yet never promised her a future.

This book had a lot of bad stuff happen and I found it was overwhelming. I also don't think there was much update on Lil after everything she went through.

Hopefully the author writes another book to give closure and some answers to things that didn't seem to close off in this book.

3.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment