Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My review of Kid: Cerberus MC Book 2 by Marie James

Khloe Devaro is in pieces when her best friend/fiance, Alejandro "Alec" Sanchez dies overseas and is now being kicked out of their place as she was not listed on the lease and is hated by his parents. She is desperate and knows that in order not to go back into foster care the easiest way out for her is to end it.

Dustin "Kid" Andrews belongs to the Cerious MC and is attending the BBQ fundraiser for Alec Sanchez when he sees Khloe attempt to end her life. Luckily he is able to save her but then sees what sad state her life is in and brings her home with him.

Yet as Khloe is not of legal age Dustin must control himself around her but when an accident puts everything in jeopardy will he realize how much she means to him?

This was the first time I have read a book by Marie James and it certainly will not be my last. I was completely drawn in by these characters and I loved how much I felt for them. I loved how Kid was torn between his feelings for Khloe and doing the right thing and waiting till she was of age. At the same time I understood how hurt Khloe was that he was not acting on his feelings for her and she felt so alone.

I hated how things went down with Snapper and I can't imagine the hurt that Khloe felt and I am super surprised that she didn't leave on her own but I think with the developing closeness between Khloe and Emmalyn that forced her to deal with everything that happened.

This series has me so excited and I can't wait to go back and read the first book!!

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment