Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My review of Sunstone by Holly Barbo

This was my first time reading Steampunk and it certainly will not be my last if this book is any indication.

This book focuses on the Steam-powered civilization Myrn and three elemental stones blessed by the Goddess Navora. These stones are wanted by corrupt businessmen for greed and wealth. But there is still people working for the better good of the civilization and it is up to them to get to the stones first to protect Myrn.

I really enjoyed this book and the characters in it. There was such a great mix of characters from different fields working together and it was very ironic on how the book ended.

Kes and his adopted father M'nacht are both working in the scientific fields and notice different things happening that leads them to try and discover what is really going on and who is behind it.

There was so much unrest in Myrn that it was really interesting and I loved all the gadgets that they used for information and all of the secrets panels!

4 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being part of this and sharing these books with your followers. I appreciate it. :) Your review was great!

    ReplyDelete