Sunday, January 31, 2016

Shredded Chicken Enchiladas

So, tonight was just my son and I so I decided to make Mexican food as he loves it as do I. On Pinterest I found a recipe for Shredded Chicken Enchiladas and they looked easy and good!

Although when I went to the grocery store of course things weren't going to be easy for me. There was no Enchilada sauce. None and no space for it which meant I either had to go to another grocery store or improvise. So, I decided to improvise and use Taco Sauce instead and hope for the best. I have since then decided that if another recipe calls for Enchilada sauce I will make it from scratch instead as it looks pretty easy.

The recipe was simple to follow and I cut down on the amount of cumin and chili powder used as my son is not a huge fan. Next time I would just use taco seasoning instead of both the chili powder and cumin as even with cutting down the cumin I still found it quite overpowering. I used the large flour tortillas and found that my pan filled up with 8 tortillas and I was full after only eating one.

So super easy to make but depending on your taste in spices you may want to alter them!

Recipe found at: http://mybakingheart.com/2011/07/21/shredded-chicken-enchiladas/

Overall another great success!




No comments:

Post a Comment