Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My review of Take Me On by Stephanie Summers

Lila Stephens has just moved to New York after the death of her grandmother and is now in the same town as he best friend Tori Tabor. Tori is married to Matty, who is part of the rock band Ferrum, but explains that she likes that Lila is not using her to get closer to the band.

Ash London is a huge rockstar but is really getting tired of the lifestyle and really wants to settle down with someone that loves him for the "real" side of him. Ash is attracted to Lila instantly and even more so when she turns him down.

Yet the two develop a good friendship but both have demons that they need to overcome and each is very scared of losing the other even though they may be both afraid too get too attached in the first place.

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one in the series. One of my favorite things is the conversations between Ash and Lila in that the banter is fun and scarcastic. The two develop such a great friendship but both are afraid of getting hurt. Lila has a past that she is unable to get over or talk about and that really puts a strain on her "relationship" with Ash.

I absolutely loved Ash and think he is the most amazing guy, well except for a few times during the book when i wanted to scream at him. I love that he really wants a "real" life and find that special someone and the extent he goes to make Lila happy. He genuinely cares for her and it is so amazing to see.

There were times when I wanted to strangle Lila but as the book got on further I completely understood where she was coming from. I'm glad she finally got some strength in talking about her past.

Such a great book and I can't wait for number two!!

4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment