Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My review of Last Girl by K.S. Thomas

Absolutely unbelievable.

I don't feel like 5 stars is enough for this book that took me through so many emotions and so many tears. There is no way to even do this review justice without giving away something that I wasn't expecting.

Beatrix "Trix" Daley's twin Bo died 8 years ago and a part of her still struggles with the loss. At her side is Bo's best friend Penn Cavanaugh, whom she has a weird relationship with. Both have been present in each other's lives for 20 years but they aren't really friends.

Yet, beneath their "annoyance" for each other something more is present but will the memory of Bo bring them closer together or farther apart?

I love all the characters in the book. The friendships that Trix and Penn have with other people are so pivotal and give the characters strength and guidance when they need it most. Trix is such an amazing woman who is trying to find her own way to deal with the grief of her brother's loss as is Penn but they need to really figure how to do it.

I honestly can't say enough amazing things about this book without ruining something but this book will stay in my heart and mind for a long time. Just incredible.

5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment