Thursday, October 15, 2015

Menu Planning for the busy mom!!

I am a huge menu planner. I plan out a month at a time and do one big non-perishable a shop once a month. I still have to pick up fruits, veggies and sandwich meats, etc, once or twice a week but it doesn't take me long. I find we eat out way less and I have things ready to go after work and before sports/activities.

I print off pdf calendars on-line and then start filling in the days. I use Pinterest a lot for my recipes and whenever I use a recipe I write a blurb so I know that I have tried it and what I thought. I also try and use what we have in the house and still throw in some of the kids favorites. Right now I have nothing scheduled for Saturday's as that is my day to make something that I haven't made during the week if we were unable to eat it. Whatever doesn't get made this month gets transferred to the next month's calendar as I know I already have the non-perishables bought for it already.

Underneath the recipes you can see what board I have found it in on my Pinterest page. During the week I tend to cook real homemade meals less as we are usually super busy with activities.

I find life for me is so much easier by sitting down once a month and planning everything through! It's also so much fun using Pinterest and I love my boards! Hopefully you can use something like this to make your life a little easier if you have trouble deciding what's for dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment